ASP Anniversary Contest!on September 12, 2011 at 7:00 am
Guess what! It’s that time of year again! AmazingSuperPowers is celebrating her birthday! We’re turning four years old, and this means that we are old enough to feed ourselves and have barely any understanding of social norms. Anyway! For this “occasion” we are giving you the opportunity to show off your talents and totally upstage us, forcing us to question our abilities and make us ashamed to go outside or do anything ever again. Fun for everyone!
Here’s how to enter:
- Pick your favorite AmazingSuperPowers comic strip.
- Recreate it through any medium of your choice. It could be a video, short story, long story, song, poem, series of photographs, single-sentence summary, flash game, animation, cave painting, sculpture, or anything else you want. Hell, you could even redraw the damn thing. (Here’s some winning entries from previous years)
- Send us an e-mail at general (at) amazingsuperpowers (dot) com. In the e-mail you can attach your entry or include a link to someplace where we can see/hear/taste/have-a-wank-to it.
- Win! (Maybe.)
The deadline for entries is on September 26, 2011 at the end of the day. (That would be midnight, The Witching Hour Pacific Standard Time)
Here are the prizes:
(Note: The first-ever ASP Book, entitled “Catalog of Regret” is due out in October, which is when the prizes will be distributed)
- First Place: an ASP t-shirt, ASP stickers, and an autographed copy of the new ASP book!
- Second Place: a print of an ASP comic of your choice, and a the new ASP book!
- Third Place: the new ASP book!
A few little details:
- Please include your name in the entry and use an e-mail address that you check often, otherwise we can’t tell you that you’ve won.
- We’ll be posting the winners and other favorites on the site. By entering you forfeit your right to be totally lame and sue us for what we do with your entry, or if you hurt yourself with our awesome prizes.
- If you have a question about the contest, ask it in the comments below. All entries, however, need to be e-mailed to us.
- Please don’t do anything illegal. Ever.
- Enter at your own risk. If you manage to hurt yourself trying to recreate a comic, it’s your own fault.
- As many entries per person as you want (but keep in mind we are judging on quality, not quantity), and go ahead and team up with other people if you want.
- Folks living outside the United States can enter as long as you can accept packages from the U.S.
- Entries will be judged by Wes and Tony, and it will be totally subjective. Winners will be selected on the merits of how much we like it.
- Yes, this contest is for real. Get to work!
One last thing: We’ve had a great time makin’ comics for you folks for the past four years, and the best way to say “Thanks for the Weird, Stupid Comics” is to take a look at our store and pick up one of our shirts, stickers, or prints. Thanks for your support.
Hooray! I’m totally going to win this year, I’m going to upstage Wes and Tony so much!
חעחע haha! i be sending u thingy and winning [naw rly]
mine has horse in it
Darn, I would love to enter but the deadline is just around the corner and I’m swamped at work.
Congratulations on becoming 4year olds, you get a:
yeee we sent in ours this past week! hopefully we win!!!