Amazing Super Contest: Anniversary Editionon September 29, 2008 at 1:00 am
After much deliberation, the contest is over and the winners have been notified! Much appreciation for everyone’s participation in this contest. We’ve heard back from all of the winners and will be publishing their entries at the beginning of next week! Thanks again for all of the wonderful entries!
Listen up everyone! Tired of showing your appreciation for ASP by staring at the screen so long that our comics become burned into the back of your eyeballs? We’ve got good news for you! We are officially kick starting our Amazing Super Contest: Anniversary Edition. With it, we are giving you the opportunity to show off your talents and make us look like a steaming pile of fish eggs. In retrospect, that’s not exactly very good for us, but we’re too committed to turn back!
Here’s how to enter:
- Pick your favorite AmazingSuperPowers comic strip.
- Recreate it through any medium of your choice. It could be a video, short story, long story, song, poem, series of photographs, single-sentence summary, animation, cave painting, sculpture, or anything else you want. Hell, you could even redraw the damn thing.
- Send us an e-mail at contest (at) amazingsuperpowers (dot) com. In the e-mail you can attach your entry or include a link to someplace where we can see/hear/taste/have-a-wank-to it.
- Win! (Maybe.)
The deadline for entries is on October 12, 2008 at the end of the day.
Here are the prizes:
- First Place: All three shirts from our store and an original ASP drawing of your choice.
- Second Place: Six silver bullets.
- Third Place: Blackmail against Wes and Tony. You will receive a manila envelope full of secrets.
A few little details:
- Please include your name in the entry and use an e-mail address that you check often, otherwise we can’t tell you that you’ve won.
- We’ll be posting the winners and other favorites on the site. By entering you forfeit your right to be totally lame and sue us for what we do with your entry, or if you hurt yourself with our awesome prizes.
- If you have a question about the contest, ask it in the comments below. All entries, however, need to be e-mailed to us.
- Please don’t do anything illegal. Ever.
- As many entries per person as you want (but keep in mind we are judging on quality, not quantity), and go ahead and team up with other people if you want.
- Entries will be judged by Wes and Tony, and it will be totally subjective. Winners will be selected on the merits of how much we like it.
- Yes, this contest is for real. Get to work!
I made my own sort of spin-off comic from the time machine comic, is that ok? I have emailed it over, it is done in flash like a storybook.
Story continuations and spin-offs are also perfectly welcome entries.
I was contemplating doing a video of comic 15 (Invisible Man Convention), but, alas, I have no video camera. We must be left to wonder what could have been…
If you’re still in school you may be able to find a video camera to rent for a day or two
from the school i mean…
Is it alright for UK residents to enter? Love the comic btw.
Yes, do do do!
This is a great contest!
Is it okay if our entry (in my case, a short story) have a wee-bit of swearing in them?
I hope so, cause I already submitted it.
Swearing is okay as long as it is spelled/pronounced correctly.
Hellz yes I’m gonna write something based off a comic! Screw studying!
I am all over this contest like a fiddler on a roof.
australian residents okay?
soooo taking up my “study” time today 😛
Australian entries are okay as long as they are awesome.
if i won could i like, email a picture for you to redraw, like a caricuture?
just curious, how many entries (about) have you had to Date? just askin’
We’ve gotten a handful so far. Quality entries have a good shot at placing.
sweet,sweet,sweet this contest is mine >:D
I made a game on flash for the bomb riding thing it is so awesome, you go like WIPEWWW then WIPEEWPEWPEW PAAH and then if you get the rocket fuel WIPWIPPEWWWPAEORFOEKFAOWEKF *rip in the time dimension* PEWPRWAPDEOR AORE and then you appear in 1986. ok, not really but its fun.
Also its 2 player only, its a button mashing race, the whole game is only about a minute to play. Fun though 🙂
I’m just working on some glitches and I’ll submit.
BE PREPARED FOR AWESOME.
PS are you really giving away silver bullets? What if you find a werewolf? HOW WILL YOU MAKE IT YOUR PET? WEREWOLVES NEED BULLETS IN THE BELLY TO BE A PET CATDOGMAN, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.
Almost done with my entry. I just have to hope my scanner doesn’t screw it up.
CRAP! I sent it to the wrong adress. I feel so stupid! Please please please accept it late 🙁 🙁 🙁
I spent like 8 hours on it :C
I resent it pleeeeeaasseeeee accept it late!
I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT RIGHT NOW! :’C
Ouch Chubbthehippo, that must hurt. But it sounds like they have already decided the winners and Honourable mentions (w00t) bad luck man.
Never say die.
Die. take that, guy i dont know!